Bakers’ Union members at the Brockley Barge Wetherspoons in Lewisham (South London) are launching a campaign for the London Living Wage, union recognition and other demands. Please use / adapt this motion to put in your CLP, union branch, etc, to support them, including by making donations or organisation collections.
For the campaign Facebook page see here
You can contact the workers/the campaign at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Unity Trust Bank
Account name: Lewisham Trades Union Council
Account number: 20032799
Sort code: 60-83-01
Reference: Bakers Union Brockley
This CLP/branch notes:
1. That Bakers, Food and Allied Workers Union (BFAWU) members at the Brockley Barge Wetherspoons pub in Lewisham (South London) are campaigning for the London Living Wage, sick pay, parity in pay for workers under 18, double pay on bank holidays and union recognition.
2. That in 2018, workers in two Brighton Wetherspoons took one day of strike action and won a 60p pay rise for Brighton pubs. Company-wide, they won the removal of the 18-20 pay band, and an extra £1 an hour on work done after midnight.
3. That Wetherspoons reported a net profit of £72 million in 2019, a figure which has risen steadily over the past five years.
4. That the campaign has received support from both Jeremy Corbyn and John McDonnell.
This CLP/branch resolves:
1. To send a message of solidarity to the workers.
2. To organise a collection for the campaign fund.
3. To donate £ …. to the campaign fund.
4. To mobilise support for future picket lines and protests.
5. To invite a speaker.
Let us know what you think? Write a reply? email@example.com